Under the supervision of the Project Director, and within the Catholic Charities frame of an Integrated Service Delivery philosophy of family centered, strength-focused, and hope engendering practice, the Program Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the program, development of the Individual Service Strategies and case management services, educational services, employment services, job readiness services, internship placements, monitoring services and provide follow-up.
- Responsible for oversight, management, and coordination of key program components including the outreach, recruitment, screening, enrollment, assessment, orientation of young adult participants, assessment, development of the Individual Service Strategies and case management services, educational services, employment services, job readiness services, internship placements, and monitoring and follow-up services (which include all of the above).
- Provide supervision and oversight in the delivery of work readiness training, including, but not limited to job etiquette, professional communication in the work place, personal health and well-being, ethics, labor market knowledge, job search techniques and positive work habits, attitudes and behaviors.
- Provide supervision and oversight in the implementation of securing and maintenance of internship sites including orientation and compliance with program guidelines & securing post internship employment.
- Provide supervision and oversight in the provision of basic skills instruction for young adults to ensure their success in their internships including business writing, financial literacy, and providing assessment of educational performance to determine appropriate programs to help the participant advance in all phases of the program.
- Provide supervision and oversight in the outreach, recruitment, and assessment of YAIP participants, in the management of YAIP work sites and internships, and in the input and management of YAIP and CCNS databases.
- Direct the YAIP staff in goal-oriented integrated services leading to participant milestone achievement.
- Hire, train, and supervise all professional and paraprofessional staff, monitor, and identify staff training needs.
- Maintain an up-to-date program manual with detailed program descriptions & agency and funder requirements and regulations for use in orientation and training of staff, worksites, and participants.
- Provide education workshops in employment-related skills , communication skills, healthy work habits, financial literacy and other topics as deemed necessary to promote participant success.
- Conduct screening and selection of YAIP participants, along with other YAIP program staff.
- Collaborate closely with program staff, other internal and external service providers to ensure holistic planning for young adults and their families.
About the Southeast Queens Scoop - is the premier website and only publication offering daily news and updates on the events, culture, issues, and business in this largely black historic community.
The publication targets the over 350,000 residents in the Southeast Queen and Jamaica Queens area. It promotes to over 40,000 potential viewers in social media, mobile devices and search engines like Google and Bing! To learn more about how to promote your business or organization on the Scoop or online Click Here